Saturday 18 September 2010

Mad Men - My First Time!

I discovered Mad Men out mild of curiosity, that's quite an admission! I was compelled to find out why this programme was so "rated". I read reviews in The Independent, Shortlist magazine, The Times....people were waxing lyrical about how great the show was and how well the script was written.

Usually, when something is this talked about, I tend to stay away from it, let the fire settle, then enjoy it without all the hype. Imagine my surprise when I came across Mad Men on BBC2, the episode just completely drew me in and yes Don Draper (have you seen the way he just creates a certain kind of havoc when he walks in to a room - pure genius) was certainly a huge bonus.


Everything about it  inspires, it almost overwhelms and you find yourself wondering what it would be like in Manhattan, although I am sure the show portrays the perfect picture. The male characters are blindingly obvious chauvinists, the women take it all in their stride (Joan Holloway - an incredible woman). Everyone drinks at the office, it inspires creativity. Everyone smokes and nearly all of them have a deep dark secret.Which leads me, again, on to the gloriously, ridiculously handsome, Don Draper - what a guy!

I could go on...and on about how great I know the show is. I won't, however, although you would be mad to miss Mad Men....absolutely Mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment