Saturday 18 September 2010

Cheers.....

Ever since I was in my twenties, I have always wondered what it would be like to have a favourite place to eat, drink and relax. I guess, even back then, my thoughts on life were completely different to those around me. They were all quite settled in their routine way of life, which is okay but I was incredibly uninspired by them. So, my thoughts wandered on and I finally, in my thirties, found a great place to call my "own".


I want to tell you about it because whenever and however (LOL) I visit this place, I am warmly welcomed by the staff. The lady who greets me know me well and almost always saves a table for me, its my favourite table and the one I am most comfortable sitting at. It gives me the opportunity to see who is coming in. The place itself is a huge second floor restaurant/bar. Open plan with incredible light and a beautiful high ceiling. Its great in the spring, summer, autumn, winter...I am a staunch regular!

The chef, well, (I am hoping to upload a picture of him soon) I dont know where to begin. He is a great cook, a great mixologist and a good friend. I am always really pleased to him when I visit. He dislikes okra with a passion, I can understand why but I am determined to change his view.

The food is good and the menu is well varied. They have excellent fish dishes and the lobster was very good indeed. I like the wines the have on the menu and the chef recommends the ones he knows I will enjoy.

The Manager is also very friendly, always has time to say hello and always, always asks if all is well!

This place is my great find and no matter where I go, whether its a bar in Wimbledon or a restaurant in London, I always feel at home when I come to this place. Comforted....

.....where everybody knows my name....

No comments:

Post a Comment